Monday, June 27, 2011

Hurts Like Yesterday

Every once in awhile you get to meet a really incredible person. 
And sometimes, if you are really lucky, 
that person thinks you are pretty special too. 
One of those people in my life passed away a year ago on Sunday.


Grandma Barbara was one of the nicest, sweetest people who didn't say a bad thing about anyone in the fifteen years I knew her. 

She welcomed me into her family and her heart as if she had been my grandmother from birth. 


In 2008, Grandma was diagnosed with cancer.
She fought courageously for 2 years. 


I have wonderful memories of Grandma laughing,
making our favorite dishes and desserts, playing with our kids,
taking us to dinner, giving us hugs. 


It's all normal stuff but we only have memories now.
Sweet, delightful memories.


No comments: