Sunday, June 5, 2011

Harold and the Purple Crayon


Have you ever read this book? Did you read it as a child? 
Was it read to you? Have you read it to your child? 

I LOVE Harold. I LOVE this book. 

I remember Harold and his creativity. What an imaginative boy. Harold taught me that it is okay to draw outside the lines and to create your own story. As I've gotten older, I have forgotten the lessons of this book. Far too often, I have allowed family, friends, society, employers' standards to overshadow my own personal desires. 

Yesterday, I purchased Harold and the Purple Crayon as much for my children as for me. I'm going to leave this book on the coffee table as a reminder to me that I need to create my own life. I can't allow what others will think of me dictate my life choices. 

Right now, I'm at a crossroads in my life. I'm at a stage where I need to make some tough decisions. 
Maybe I will purchase a purple crayon...

No comments: