Friday, February 20, 2009

Finished for Friday - Elephant

Lit and Laundry
 
Finally!!

Mini Me requested a crochet elephant from me way back in December!! She has patiently waited while 4 cousins got amigurumi animals. She has patiently waited while her brother got his requested rocket and her friend had a cat made. Mini Me waited patiently while her uncle and her father got a hat!! 

Getting an elephant pattern was harder than I thought. I searched and searched and searched. Finally, I found a pattern I liked. Then I found out it was a knit pattern. I need crochet. I tried to do the stitch conversions, but they didn't work out for me. I'm new at this, remember. 

So, I made it without a pattern. All on my own. Made it up as I went along. No pattern.

Good things come to those who wait!!
I added the ears I had forgotten!!
And shortened the trunk
Please head over to Lit and Laundry,
home of Finished for Friday
for some incredible ideas.

9 comments:

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

It looks very cute -- but -- no floppy ears?

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I forgot the ears!!!! Yes. I will make some ears. Thanks, MAM!!

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I'm very impressed by your making the pattern up, btw. I tried to do that for a giraffe, but the head and neck ended up looking nothing like a giraffe, so then I decided it was a dragon's tail instead. Still have to make the rest of the dragon, though. :-)

Threeundertwo said...

I love it! I am so amazed at your ability to create patterns. I've been crocheting for years but my brain doesn't work that way.

I love his (her?) big roly-poly body. Great job!

Lily-Pie's Mom said...

You are brilliant! I am in awe of your crafty-ability!!

FaithChick said...

It is so cute! I think you have it all figured out. Way to go!

Coloradolady said...

This is so cute. Very creative! Great job.

Sarah Simmons said...

I like it! No doubting that the trunk is the trunk! He he! I still need to mail Wyatt's bunny to get it's eyes!!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

FYI...I added the ears and shortened the truck. The new photo is posted.