My Bloggy Friend, Whittaker Woman, posted this and I thought it was fun. She didn't do tagging, instead opting for an opt-in. I thought it was fun!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags won out before we had kids. Now it is ... Wrap, wrap, wrap!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. J loads our trees with too many lights for a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Between church and his parents' home, J usually has so many trees and locations to decorate, if we don't get it up a week or two before Thanksgiving, it doesn't happen until Christmas Eve.
4. When do you take the tree down?
My family waits until January 7th. However, it is up in the air with us. One time, J's parents tree stayed up until March and that was only because our friends were getting married in their foyer!!
5. Do you like eggnog?
Kind of. In my family, we make Punch de Creme. It is similar to eggnog, but thicker. And loaded with rum.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Maybe my Easy Bake Oven!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Me. My sister and I used to buy ourselves gifts, wrap them, address them, and open with surprise and wonder. Then hug and kiss ourselves. She's 45 and still does it. I love her!
9. Do You have a nativity scene?
Absolutely!! We bought it our 2nd Christmas together when we went to Canada to Christmas with my family. I am looking at it on our windowsill, right now.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Both. Plus hand deliver. This year we skipped cards - too much on our mind!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Not so sure about that. I've been blessed. I can tell you we were given a peach bath mat for a wedding present. It didn't even have the cardboard from the store on it so we could return it. And one year, my ex-sister-in-law gave my mother a pink, cushioned toilet seat.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Don't have one. But my family always gathers around to watch Sound of Music every year. And as we got older, we started going to the movie theatre on Christmas night.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually December. Sometimes late November. But NEVER the day after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Absolutely. One mans junk is another mans treasure.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Grandma Barbara's desserts.
She's going to Florida for Christmas this year!!
16. Lights on the tree?
Usually enough to read by is sufficient.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Harry Connick Jr's - Happy Ho Ho Ho
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
This is only the 2nd year ever I've traveled home - Home was with J's family until April this year. We did travel to Canada 1 time to Christmas with my family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Vixon, Dixon, Blitzen, Cupid, Comet.
Did I get 'em all?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel this year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We are traveling this year, so I am going to fix a traditional Trinidad breakfast Saturday morning and have Christmas with our kids. We'll take Santa's gift with us to open Christmas morning in Tulsa, with J's family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The traffic and the crowds and the long lines.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Jewel tone: burgundy, green, purple, gold
24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
Mashed potatoes, brown gravy, turkey, dressing
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A sewing machine
OK... I want to read yours...
Do one on your blog and comment back here so I can read them. I haven't mastered Mr. Linky yet and 'tis not the season to have time to do so! Falalalalalala!