Friday, December 19, 2008

Finished for Friday - Gingerbread House

Last year, Motor Mouth asked and asked for a gingerbread house. I bought him a little one the size of a hand. My hand. 

This year, I'm a stay@home mom, so of course I decided to tackle this task. How hard could it be? I never want to do this again. That is how hard it is. 

Day 1: Saturday - Bottom Walls of House
Day 2: Sunday - Back of House
I was testing out the techniques
The curtains remind me of saggy, old woman boobs
Do your boobs hang low?
Do they woggle to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
Like a bag that has a boulder?
Do your boobs hang low?
Day 3: Monday - Roof Side 1
Day 4: Tuesday - Purchased more candy
Pkg didn't give enough to do what is pictured on box 
I added gum drops, sprinkles & blue icing for curtains. 
Don't knock me on the blue curtains. The only other icing tubes I had were red, pink, green.
Day 5: Wednesday - Roof Side 2
Close up of pink curtains
Made cookies with Mini Me on Tuesday.
She used up all of my sprinkles. 
I had to improvise with the corners!
This was like childbirth. I hated it the entire time I labored. I wanted to curse. Probably did a few times. I told J Motor Mouth had better change my diapers with a smile when I'm 90. But you know, once I was done, I thought: "I could do this next year."

Alrighty. Now you can head over to Lit and Laundry where Three Under Two has mastered Finished for Friday.

6 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Now I remember why I don't do gingerbread houses. How epic! But it's gorgeous! It was worth all the time and effort because now you have the fabulous pictures to show that you did it.

I am so impressed. I don't have that kind of patience with gingerbread.

Jen said...

Okay, so this looks stunning, but your curtain poem had me on the FLOOR!

If you think this was a B----, I did this project with an entire classroom of 3rd graders. And then I was committed to my nearest institution... um, not, but I wish I had been. I was gibbering mess before school finally let out. And no, my students' houses did not look like yours!

Shan said...

I want to move into it. Seriously so very cute!

Patty said...

Your house is adorable! All your hard work paid off. You should shellac it and save it for next year. And, you totally reminded me I need a breast lift.

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

I love the roof especially -- darling. But yes, I found my one attempt at gingerbread house-making miserable. Maybe you need to come over and give me lessons next year.

Bobbi said...

That is lovely! I'm marking this so I can remember some of your ideas for next year :D