Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'll Still Love You if You Vote....


McCain. Hahahahahaha

Okay. I have to tell you, we come from a long line of Republicans. We are Republicans at heart. I am Republican. To the core. Ronald Reagan Rocked!! George Bush was fine. But I LOVE George W. Bush. His politics, his walk, his good looks. I love me some George W. I would argue up a storm in George W's defense. Really. I would.

Now, that said, I can't stand McCain. Can't stand to listen to him. Can't stand his politics. Can't stand to look at him. Don't get me started on Palin. I do NOT think they are the strongest and the best the Republican Party has to offer. I was really excited about the Republican offerings early on, but my favorites fell by the wayside for one reason or another. 

We do not believe in voting strictly for your party. Or over one issue (don't get me started on that issue). We believe in voting for the best candidate.

In our family and amongst the majority of our Tulsa friends, we are in the minority on our voting stance. And that is okay. We will still love them (friends/fam) in the morning.

Motor Mouth knows who got our vote. He knows who the Tulsans voted for. We have explained to Motor Mouth that it is okay to disagree on your choice for candidate. That everyone has their own choice in who they vote for. There is no reason to be upset with someone over their vote. You can be friends with both Republicans and Democrats. It is our differences (and differences of opinion) that make us special.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

BRAVO and well said!

Lori said...

Did Jason have to stand in line long? The 'ville usually has a 30% turnout tops and it looked like it might hit 70-80% turnout. I'm glad you'll still love us tomorrow. Thanks for that! We'll still love you too!!! :)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Jason and Jazz are watching from a rooftop close to Grant Park. It has a direct view to the stage, is a better view than if they crushed amongst the masses, and they can beat the crowd to get home. Can you believe history is happening 2 miles from my loft?!!!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering /thinking bout yall. Can you hear the crowd also? tell us how Chicago is in the morning? Did you see Oprah from your loft, she had on green? :)
anon 2

Jen said...

Great post - democracies are always stronger for having diverse opinions!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you and I are kindred spirits! You read my mind and wrote this! I was not happy with what the Republican party offered for candidate/running mate. I, too, come from a long line of Republicans. Mr. Obama might not have been my choice, but he is my new president and will have my support.

Thank you for your articulation!