Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chi-Town to T-Town Installment #1



"I'd like to leave at 6:00 am Tuesday morning." said J.

"Really? I was thinking if we left at 5:00 am, we would get to Tulsa by 5:00 pm." Widney Woman replied.

"You think it will take a full 12 hours? It only took us 10 hours each time."

"We didn't have kids and we didn't stop 4-5 times for potty breaks and to walk around." she said.

"You're right. We'll leave at 5:00 am. But you HAVE to sleep the night before. I don't want you up all night and then bitchy on the road" J ordered.

"Okay. Okay. I'll sleep. I promise."

Did you read my blog about the massive thunderstorms in Chicago Monday night? Did you read about how we had 5 leaks and had to protect the hardwood floors from the leaks? We also had to finish cleaning for our British house swap guests. So.....We went to sleep a little after 3:00 am and left Chicago at about 8:00 am. It took exactly 12 hours including 5 stops for gas, restrooms, and food.

Widney Woman to J while writing this blog, "Was I bitchy on the road?"

J to Widney Woman, with shock in his voice, "No."

No comments: