Sunday, May 4, 2008

Will you jump with me?

The only thing I wish I could take with me when we leave this house, that we have lived in for 7 years, is this chunk of ceramic tile from the kitchen.

One Sunday afternoon, I got a phone call from a young girl who asked if I would be her baby's mommy. Jason and I weren't so sure if we were in a position to say yes. It was all happening so much faster than we had planned or were prepared for financially. We sat and paced the kitchen while we talked.

Orlando Juarez, our dear friend and former music minister, had told me earlier that morning that, on the Friday, God told him to tell Jason "do not pass up a blessing because it does not meet your criteria."

Sitting in that kitchen, Jason held out his hand to me and asked if I would jump with him. I said I would. We stood up, and jumped over this grout line in the tile. We said yes to Jazz then and God has shown that Jazz truly is a blessing in our lives and the lives of so many others.

Right now, Jason and I are taking another plunge. We're holding each other's hands, and the little hands of our 2 blessings, and we are jumping over the grout line.

Tuesday April 15, 2008 - 11:43am

No comments: