Monday, May 5, 2008

Kiddos 1st Sunday at Park

We were sooooooooooooo late for church today! I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am. We only have 1 car in Chicago, so I had to wake up at 6:10 am to get the kids up so we could take J to work on time. He was about 10 minutes early, so we were treated with McD's for breakfast!

Motor Mouth just kept talking and talking and talking. He wouldn't stop. In the morning, I need a shower and at least 20 minutes of alone time before I can be civil to those I love the most. I had neither as we pulled to a stop in Greek town. I had asked Motor Mouth no less than 5 times to please stop talking. He was repeating the gibberish Mini Me was saying when the 's' word came flying out. "Motor Mouth, will you please just SHUT UP!!" The kids made it back home in one piece, if not with their self-worth. Sometimes, alive is better than confidence. At least I said, 'please'. 

Once home, I put Motor Mouth to work cleaning his bedroom. I couldn't find 1 1/2 pairs of his Converse shoes. He has 3 pairs of Converse. Black, Grey, and Red (the kind that gives money to AIDS services in Africa). All I could find were his beat-up black ones and only 1 side of his Red ones. I tore the place apart. Finally, I decided to put him in the black pair and threw on his black cordoroy jacket so it looked planned.

We finally drove off at 10:04 am. Church starts at 10:00 am. I drove around and around the parking lot. Just when I thought I was never going to get a spot, I found one! It was much easier getting both kids checked into class. Afterwards, J and I picked the kiddos up together. Another easy process. Motor Mouth had a blast this morning. He can hardly wait to go back.

My planned outfit looked horrible in reality. I changed a couple of times. After church, J said he liked my outfit - very fun, he said. I had wound up going with my red purse instead of my blue purse. On the way back to the Jeep, Motor Mouth told me he really liked my red purse. The madness of the morning was worth it - Forget Sunday school, I chose right, according to my metro 5-yr old son! J feels as though his years of training Motor Mouth paid off this morning with that compliment from Motor Mouth.

Sunday April 27, 2008 - 01:47pm

No comments: