Monday, May 5, 2008

A New Earth

I bought the book "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle and I am going to read it. Why? Well, for one, I am sick of Christians just going along with what 'they' say is not good or is bad. So often, we just blindly go with what the 'right' tells us and we don't investigate and form opinions for ourselves.

I don't believe God would have us be ignorant, blind followers. Jesus hung out with the people of the day. He lived among them and walked among them. That's how he was able to relate to them. For crying out loud, He came down off his high Heavenly throne and chilled on Earth for 33 years. He was about his father's business, but He wasn't hooping it up in the temple all day long. Jesus got his sandals dirty.

There is all this hoopla in the Christian community about how Oprah is creating her own new cult and blah, blah, blah. Is she? I don't know. Maybe. Probably not though. Cult leaders tend to be nurturing types, whereas she doesn't want children and seems to do better with dogs.

I am going to read the book for myself. I listened to Eckhart Tolle talk on Oprah's show while I was packing. Some of what he said made sense. To be honest, right now, I could use some of his motivational mumbo jumbo.

My plan is to take the good and weed out the freakish and see where it lands me. But you know, I'm not going to run from it with my tail between my legs and my hands on my ears, singing "holy, holy, holy!"

Saturday April 26, 2008 - 09:31pm

No comments: