Monday, May 5, 2008

Today


No service men today. None. They are gone. Our home phone works! Yippeeeeeeeeekaiyea!! I tried it out today with Cherish (cousin-in-law). We talked and talked and talked. It was really great talking to Cherish. It's been way too long.

Today was a technology day! First, I spent some time instant messaging with my sister-in-law, Mandy. Mandy told me I should sign up with SKPE. So, I did. And I SKYPEd with Mandy and Triston (2 yr old nephew). After shopping for storage containers (struck out at 3 stores), and dinner with the family, we got home and did Mac iChat with the kids and Jason's parents, for over an hour.

I just checked my phone and saw a text message from J's boss, Joseph. I had texted him earlier to thank him for introducing J to GoRoma, an Italian restaurant in downtown Chicago. GoRoma is on State St. It is THE most amazing pizza place I've ever been to. We ordered a cheese pizza for the kids. I don't think I have words to describe how incredible the cheese pizza was. We ordered the smoked chicken pizza for ourselves. It had spinach and onions, and chicken and was so mouth wateringly good. This restaurant is going down in the books. I need to see if they have other locations in town. We are marking this as a MUST eat spot for all visitor to Chi-Town. YYYYYUMMMMMMMMMM!!

Alright, I have to admit something. J says I have to at any rate. We were all very hungry before we met up with J to go eat. He told me about this great restaurant he went to at lunch today and off we went. I didn't think to ask where it was. My mistake. It was right downtown and we had to battle a bit of traffic, during rush hour. Of course, it is right downtown, so parking is non-existant. It was after we were on the road for 20 minutes that he tells me this must be why they took a cab and not Joseph's Prius. I asked how many people went to lunch. 4. Joseph's car seats 5!! It was all I could do not to slap him upside the head. Instead, I told him I was working on not being upset with him.

I found a parking garage across the street from GoRoma for only $17 for the first hour, unless it was validated in the grocery store at street level - which we did. As we drove out of the parking garage, J told me he accepted my apology. It was worth the drive and the parking!

Wednesday April 30, 2008 - 11:28pm

No comments: