Sunday, May 4, 2008

T-Town to Chi-Town - Day 13

This is the last yard sale I hope to ever have. Why? Because I never want to have another yard. I sold this stuff so cheap, it should be illegal. I figured it would be easier to sell ‘em than to move ‘em. By 9 am I was almost completely sold out!

As one lady was walking away, she told me she was looking for pictures. I hadn’t thought to put out pictures. We only had 1 we didn’t want and had been using just for staging the house for sale. I ran in the house and took it off the wall. Within 5 minutes, someone came by and bought it. Hee hee.

Another lady saw the stroller I had sitting in my toss pile. She looked at it, but didn't want it. I took another look at it and put a price tag on it. It sold! Ha ha. Our washing machine was put out for sale. My next-door neighbor purchased it. That is funny because, a couple of years ago, I bought it from the guy who lives on the other side of him!

J gets a little concerned when he hears that I am having a yard sale. The first one I ever conducted was when we were moving from our condo to our house. A guy had gotten turned around and thought we were selling our fridge. We weren’t, but I told him I would sell ours to him. He came in and looked at it. If he had been interested, I would have sold it to him. Just trying to be a good steward of our money!

Saturday April 12, 2008 - 11:11am

No comments: