Monday, May 5, 2008

Service Men - Day 6

We did the touristy thing at lunch today by taking the kids to the big 2-story McDonald’s in downtown. Then, we went over to the Rainforest CafĂ©, next door. We would have done more, but Comcast said they would be here between 1 pm and 4 pm. We hurried home to wait.

This is the 6th straight business day that a service man has come to our home. Today, it was Comcast Part 3. Our home phone service is still not working!!!! Yesterday, after making several outbound call attempts, I was on the phone with my Mom and our call got dropped. I thought I was on AT&T.

I was so excited when I saw our third service man is African American and not Hispanic. Why? Well, I assumed he would be able to speak English fluently. However, it was a little touch and go as I am not up on African American Vernacular English. I KNEW I should have paid more attention to my kids’ godfather, Marvin, when he tried to teach me the lingo. Living in the big city should help me to bone up on my Spanish and my Ebonics.

Darius came out and boosted whatever and did this thing and that thing. Darius looks like a cross between Kanye West and Martian. The phone was working, and he left. But first, he said that if our phone stopped working again to call 773-842-3471 Robert Ryan Comcast Supervisor. J wrote it on the screen where I was typing my blog, so there you have it.

It stopped working again. We called Mr. Ryan. J is on his way down to open the door for the Comcast guy. Normally, we would be able to buzz him in, but our home phone doesn’t work and it’s setup on the phone. The cable keeps messing up - like satellite does. Good thing we don't have our internet with them! Can you imagine, no blogs from Widney Woman?! Perish the thought.

Alright, I have things to do…like unpack and laundry. So, I’ll keep you posted on our phone drama.

Monday April 28, 2008 - 03:39pm

No comments: