Monday, May 5, 2008

DonnaMomma!!!!!


I love my mother-in-law!! I know a lot of people have horrible relationships with their in-laws, but I got lucky. So did my sister-in-law, Mandy. We are lucky, lucky girls!! Our sister-in-law, Sarah, has a pretty awesome mother-in-law too.

Tonight, I remembered Jason's Mom was going to return our Cox DVR for us. Cox is so wonderful, they actually went to where she was and picked up the DVR from her. Cox Cable ROCKS!!!!!

That had me comparing Cox with Comcast. I didn't plan on venting about our Comcast woes, but she let me have my say. She didn't try to fix it. She was just there. I told her how perfect our move has been, other than the Comcast situation. DonnaMomma told me she was glad it wasn't so perfect so she could feel better about us leaving. That made me laugh.

Then, DonnaMomma did the best thing. She told me what was going on in her life. She was so open and transparent. I laughed harder than I've laughed in a very, very long time. It was so good to talk to my mother-in-law. I hung up the phone and wiped away the tears of laughter. Laughter is good, because I don't want to think about how much I miss her.

If you've ever met my mother-in-law, Donna, the picture above is probably shocking. But that's her - soft, sweet and gentle inside and out, but there is a super strong woman lurking.

Tuesday April 29, 2008 - 08:19pm

No comments: