Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Why do I blog?

I'm not sure about you, but sometimes, it makes me feel normal when I walk by a kid crying its head off for a piece of candy the parent said 'no' to. That's what this blog is. It's a place for people to look at the series of accidents and crazy mishaps that form my life and to feel normal. To feel like, 'If Widney Woman can do it, I sure as heck can!'

I love helping people. My personal motto since grade 6 has been to 'give more to my community than I receive'. To me, that means volunteering. But it also means sharing of my life. If reading my blog helps a mother feel normal, I'm happy. If reading my blog helps someone on their infertility or adoption journey feel less lonely or give them hope, I'm thrilled. I honestly believe that we go through rough spots in life to learn and grow but to help others as they experience what we did.

There are those in my life that don't understand why I put myself out there. They think I tell too much. But that's okay. Because I'm not writing this blog for them. I'm writing it for me. I'm writing it for my kids to have a memory of their lives. I'm writing it to help the people that meet me in person or send me a private message and thank me for sharing my struggles. I'm writing for the 85,000 people who looked at my "Husband Hat" crochet pattern post, for the 10,000 people who looked at my "Motor Mouth Hedgehog Birthday Party" post, for the 1,000 people that have read "Our Adoption Story." That's who I write for. I write for you.

No comments: