Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Take Time to Remember the Fun Times

J and I were reminiscing about all the times we surprised our family members by showing up across the country - or in another country - unexpected.  Sometimes we get mired in the day-to-day and forget to remember the fun, crazy moments.

Like the time we surprised my sister for her 40th birthday. We flew to Canada and got Motor Mouth dressed in a cute little short pants suit. We hid in the corner at my brother's place as my sister was surprised by dozens of friends and family. Then we came into view and it was a whole new surprise all its own. It was the first time anyone in my family had met Motor Mouth who was 4 months old.

Once, we arranged it with my sister's assistant to pick us up at the airport. She drove us to my family's business where we surprised my sister and brother. Then it was off to our my parents' home to surprise them! Nothing like house guests you weren't planning on having!

When I had foot surgery, my mom came to help us. We drove to the airport, telling her we had to pick up J's dad to take him back to his offices. She didn't think anything of it because my father-in-law had his offices based at the airport at the time. Mom couldn't believe her eyes when she saw my sister sit next to her in the Jeep. LOL!

One time, we drove all night and got to my parents at about 4 am. We dozed in the car for about 45 minutes when I figured my mom would be awake. I called her and said, "Hi Mom! Can you please come downstairs to open your front door for us?"

You should know that my family was not spontaneous when we were growing up. We planned for a week if we were going to have a family picnic to Niagara Falls which was only about 45 minutes from our home. So me dropping in on them from Tulsa or Chicago is unexpected at the least. And oh so much fun!!!

(Surprise emoticon found on 360Fashion.com)

No comments: