Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stacy Was Here

"Stacy Was Here"

Seems Stacy felt the need to leave her mark on the world. On a bathroom stall.

Reminds me of a line in one of my all time favorite movies "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. In it, Kathleen, played by Meg, says "Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small."

Personally, I have no desire to write my name on a bathroom wall to signify my existence. But I think that, on some level, most of us feel a need to signify that we existed. That somehow, our lives, regardless of how small, are valuable and matter. That we matter.

We all have our own way of making our lives count. Being a wife and mother is my main way of making my mark on this world. Training my children to be strong, knowledgeable and contributing members of society is my version of writing my name on a wall. Blogging, volunteering, my work are other ways I make my mark.

How do you make your mark on this world?

1 comment:

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

By devoting myself to raising my children right, so they know to do their part to make the world a better place...that is how I show respect for this world and leave my impression on it. :)