Friday, June 28, 2013

Finger Update

Look! I can bend all of my fingers into a fist without pain!!! The road to recovery is paved with many little victories.

I pretty much only wear the splint when I'm working on our house or cleaning. Otherwise I wear a bandaid to protect my fingernail from getting snagged on something and ripping off in a painful, bloodied mess.

At work, I've been trying to type with my broken finger. It's a form if therapy the doctor said. I'm not allowed to do jujitsu. That's unfortunate cause I'm such a fan of the discipline.

The tip is still numb and bruised. It hurts if pressed. The nail looks gruesome but better. My nail bed is growing nicely. It will take 6 months to a year to fully recover my nail. Who knew???!!!

I'm thankful for a speedy healing. I am thankful that I did not lose the tip. I'm thankful it's not worse.

No comments: