Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Random

I need to do Sunday Randoms more often. Quick updates on my week and what is on the agenda.

Reading
I'm reading three books right now. I don't really have time to read one but well, it is what I do. I'm excited about all three of them. One of the books is for middle school students. It's a great book. Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner. Then there is Best Friends, Worst Enemies that I am reading for a Book Talk at the school. Finally, my Bestie, Usher, read Cloud Atlas and wants me to read it so we can discuss it.

Changes
There may be some big changes to our family coming in the next few weeks and months. I'm cautiously optimistic. It would be huge for our family if this comes to pass. Huge. We could really use a huge change like this right now.

Work
It's the thick of the admissions process. I'm looking forward to this season. But I'm scared too. I've had about 25-35% increases in admissions numbers for the last three years. Each year, I keep thinking that this is the year that the double-digit increases stop and I no longer look like a shining star.

More than the numbers is the heart wrenching. I get to know these families. I believe that we have a great school that would serve many students well. So when financing or something falls through, I am crushed. This is the start of an eight month emotional journey for me.

Bike
I have this great new bike that I want to ride!!! My back went out right after I got the bike. It's finally at a point where I can do a test ride but now it is REALLY getting cold out. I just want to ride it around the block. Hello!!!

Easy Updating
I have been using the email update feature. Love it!!! Wish I had started it a long time ago. Makes it so easy to add a photo and a blog post. Love, love, love!

I should go to bed now. Well, I should have gone to bed an hour ago. Yikes!

No comments: