Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mini Me Poetry

Mini Me has to recite a poem in front of her class and the parents next month. She wanted it on doctors and vets b/c that is what she wants to be when she grows up - and a dentist. Hard to find appropriate poems she can read w/her speech issues. I was panicking - I couldn't find anything and her selection was due the next day. I emailed her teachers for an extension because I decided to write one for her - at 6:30 am today. I thought I would need the weekend.



Then I did it! This morning I wrote a poem for Mini Me to recite.
She approves! Enjoy. 

A doctor, a dentist, a vet too,
That's what I want to do.
When I grow up big I will,
I will care for the ill.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 
I will care for the weak.
Thursday and Friday,
It's the teeth I will tweak.

Saturday and Sunday,
It's for animals I'll care.
Oh me, oh my,
There's no time for my hair!

- By Widney Woman




So I won't win a literary award but my kid loves it and the teachers approved it. Watching Mini Me perform it will be award enough.

1 comment:

Holly Jolly said...

Love it! :) Such a cool poem and it will be a blast to watch her recite it. Have you seen Weird Al's book, "When I grow up?"....her assignment and your poem totally remind me of his book!