Sunday, February 19, 2012

Knowing Me Knowing You - February '12

My friend, The Fairy Blogmother FINALLY posted a new "Knowing Me, Knowing You" so I am happy to play along.

1. What is the one thing you wish you were better at as a blogger?I used to blog every day. And I used to miss reading my blog friends' sites every day. I miss that. I miss my blog world.

2. What is your favorite way to treat yourself/pamper yourself?I like my alone time. I like to go get a pedicure and my waxing done by myself. A massage and alone time is divine.

3. Do you (or have you in the past) work outside the home?  If so, what do you do?I do marketing and admissions for a private school. I LOVE what I do. I LOVE where I do it. 


4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?I can get my thoughts and feelings out and that is therapy for me.


5. If you could magically be anything you wanted to be (without needing additional education or childcare) what would you be?
I'd like to be a psychologist. Have a license to tell people how to run their lives instead of now - I tell them but I don't have a license.


6. Do you like to travel? If so, what is your favorite destination?Yeah, I like to travel but I don't want to waste money on it. Meaning, I want to rest on vacation. I don't want to spend a bunch of money traveling somewhere to lounge at the pool reading when I can curl up with a good book in my pajamas in my bed. That said, I've traveled a fair bit and seen a bunch of stuff and have rather enjoyed it.

7. Are you an adventurous eater?Yes. I've eaten things other people would not eat like alligator, cow testicles, rattlesnake, shark, all manner of sea creature, etc.. Doesn't mean I would eat it twice. What doesn't kill strengthens, right?


8. How would you describe yourself? Type A-/B+ personality. I come across as an A-type until you put me next to an alpha female and then you realize that my shy side is there and I no longer dominate the room. But without the other alpha female, it's my show, my friend.


9. Have you ever met your online/blogger friends in real life? What was it like?I think the first bloggy friend I met was The Fairy Blogmother. I knew her well enough from her blog that I knew she was shy and it would take some prodding to get her to come meet me - even though it was with a mutual real life friend, NAMK and her family. 

And I met A2EatWrite in Ann Arbor, MI in 2010. She made me the most delightful cookies. My mom and sister thought I was going to be killed by her. They were so wrong. A2EatWrite was like hanging out with my best friend that I had not seen a couple of years.

10. Do you have a best friend? How long have you known them?J has been my best friend for 15 years. This is both good and bad. Good because I have a "built-in" best friend. I've never been best at nurturing female relationships. So having a built-in bestie makes it even harder for me to put forth the effort to connect. I have many good friends but I don't talk on the phone with anyone nor do I go out shopping or to lunch with the girls often (every really).

11. Do you still live in the same town where you grew up?
Nope. That ship sailed at 18 years of age when I took the first opportunity to move back to Toronto. I always think I can live a small town, small city life but I really can't. I can do it for a little bit until the novelty wears off but I need concrete under my feet and skyscrapers above my head to feel comfortable in my own skin.


Okay, so head on over to The Fairy Blogmother and play along...

No comments: