Thursday, January 19, 2012

Round Up

My life as it stands...

Some like it hot. So do I.
Our heater went out. Of course it did. J was out of town. Did it go out when he was here? No. Does crap ever hit the fan when my man is in town? Nope. When I got home, it was only 64 degrees in here. I was so cold, I wore a sweater, J's thick hoodie, my pj pants and thick socks to bed and had the bed heater turned up all the way and the down comforter on. I still froze all night and woke up shivering several times. It was down to 62 degrees this morning.

The handy man came over to fix it. His name is Manny. And he is Hispanic. I kid you not. He looks like Handy Manny's Abeulo. Turns out, we had 2 extra filters that Handy Manny said we did not need. They were located in obscure places, too. How often do you change your air filter? We thought it was every 3 months. Turns out, Handy Manny said we should change it every month.

Play Dates Rock
Certain kids have been wanting play dates with my kids for forever! One kid had to wait almost a year to come over. Kids have handed me or J their parents' cell numbers on slips of paper. Over the Christmas Break we had four play dates with five families. I got to know two new families. It was nice.

No Laptop for 3 Weeks
I went for three weeks without opening my laptop. I checked email on my iPhone, looked up information on my iPhone, checked Facebook on my iPhone. I used the iPad to read a book by my one of my favorite authors, Patricia Cornwell.  I wasn't sure it would turn back on after such a long hiatus. LoL.

My Kids Rock
For no special reason other than I love them like crazy!

1 comment:

Threeundertwo said...

Why is it that a nice Spring day that's 62 degrees is gorgeous to us? That's just crazy cold. Glad Handy Manny could help.

We have to change air filters all the time because of all the cat hair in the house.