Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Your Birthday!


My birthday was a couple of weeks ago.

I took liberty this year as my birthday was on a Monday- it was a 4 day celebration starting Friday. Basically, the kids had to be nice to each other and not fight or argue from Friday to Monday. 

PRESENTS
When asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, it was simple - sleep!!! I requested to be able to sleep all day Sunday and Monday (took the day off work). It was divine! J did get me a leather Book Book case for my iPhone to match my laptop case. J took the kids to get me a birthday card and they made cards and a Happy Birthday banner.

FOOD
On Sunday, J made me breakfast in bed. Yum! While the kids were at school on Monday, J took me to Cafe Trinidad for lunch. I was born in Trinidad so it is always nice to "return to my birth place" on my birthday. After dinner that evening, we had a glorious cake from Whole Foods. Yum!!!

SURPRISE
That evening, J surprised me with a visit from one of my favorite friends, Usher! I hadn't seen Usher since he was one of my nursemaids that fateful day in August when I almost died. It was good to hang out with him and J. I wish I had known he was coming - I would have put make up on and done my hair. After all, the last time Usher saw me, I was snoring on his lap and looked like a character out of Star Trek!

In his defense, J was going to have me get showered and made up but Usher came an hour early. I'm glad he came when he did. Otherwise, Usher could have possibly heard me singing and carrying on in the shower. And there is no telling what I would have gone running into the living room wearing - or not wearing - while being obnoxious as one can be with only your spouse awake. It would have made for a funny story after I recovered from the shame of embarrassment. Maybe.

All in all, it was a wonderful birthday!

No comments: