Sunday, July 10, 2011

50th Wedding Anniversary

On July 1st, we celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. J and I were in Canada to be with my parents, siblings and their significant others for a BBQ. It was a nice family time. We always have a great time when we get together, especially when we meet up at Shangri La-Di-Da, my brother's home, nestled in the woods. 

Here is a video played at the anniversary BBQ. 


The flat screen outside was not cooperating so we found ourselves sprawled around the massive conference room type screen used as a TV in my brother and sister-in-law's bedroom. Some of us were on the bed, others on the floor, others on the sofa. I was in my brother's full body massage chair.

My mom's older sister was the only non-immediate family guest. A few days later she called my mom to tell her how special she felt being a part of our family. My uncle passed away four years ago and they only had one son, so four kids and their partners is huge for her. My aunt commented on how obvious it was that we love each other and the bond we share transcends money. It's about relationship, not how much money a parent gives their child she said (serious paraphrase).

Oh, I should mention the grandkids could not all make it. Some were out of the country, others had to work, etc...

No comments: