Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Gotta Be About More

I love money. I need money. I want money. I can spend money easy.

There are things I wold be willing to do for the right amount of money. Like live in the Toronto area again. But there are things I would not do for money. No amount of money would entice me back to living in Oklahoma, for example.

Several opportunities to work at amazing places have come up in the last couple of months. I'm not looking. Things usually fall in your lap when you are not looking. I was told I could make a bunch of money at one place in particular. And I'm sure I could. But it's gotta be about more than money.

Right now, I'm doing marketing and recruiting. It is challenging, a ton of work, and not as much money as I've been paid in the past. I am really happy where I am. Maybe I shouldn't say that because inevitably, some craziness will happen that will piss me off and make me wish I'd never said all that on here. Oh well, it was bound to happen at some point, right?

The thought of leaving for more money and a job I could do in my sleep is not appealing to me. I like what I'm doing and feel like I make a difference. A good difference. Maybe I have a martyr complex. It's not about the money (although I could use more). It's about learning and growing in a position and making the most of what you do. It's about feeling like you make a difference. And that your presence is valued and appreciated.

No comments: