Wednesday, July 21, 2010

15 Minutes Per Day - The Rantings of a Mad Woman

I am in this writing class and I have committed to writing for 15 minutes each day. I should have done it this morning because right now, I don't feel like writing for 5 minutes, much less 15 minutes.

Instead of writing, I would prefer to read OPB - Other People's Blogs. Or read a book. Or do work. Or watch TV. Or do the nasty. Or anything but sit here writing for 15 minutes. Hmmm....how many more minutes do I have...?

My brain is shut off. It's only about 9:40 pm. I have so much work I should finish for my day job.
- create a customer service policy/creed for our staff
- partially design a website to see if we should go with that provider
- design the fall marketing material
- list where our new families in the last 2 years heard about us
- plan a few events - food, exciting activities, etc.,
- reorganize my files on the computer
- create about 8 wish lists now that the design has been finalized
- and a bunch of other stuff.
I don't know when I am going to fit it all in. I would like to work away from the office to get it done without any interruptions, but feel guilty for not being there in case my co-workers need assistance or a potty break.

A couple things I'm thinking about doing personally are these:
- Post 1 picture a day for 1 year. I heard someone else say it and thought that would be fun. And a great way to develop my photography skills. But it is her vision and not mine. So is that too copy cat-ish?

- Ben Franklin or George Washington or someone like that (old and with a white wig) decided to make a list of things he wanted to improve himself upon. For 1 week, he would focus and work on each. I like that. I think it would be a good idea.

- Smile more. J says I don't smile enough. I started smiling and he says I creep him out.

- Ordering groceries online and having them delivered. I wanted to do this 2 years ago, but they did not deliver here back then. Now, they do. And now, I don't have time to go grocery shopping, but I need to. So, I was thinking I could order the food online and not feel as guilty.

l love my job and love what I do and enjoy working where I work. But working full-time sucks!!!!!!! I had an 18-month taste of what it is like to be a stay@home mom. I want that life again. I want to have time to clean my home and care for my family. To be able to cook dinner and buy groceries at 4 different stores to get what we need. I want to be able to have time to take my kids out to the water fountains to play on a whim. To visit every playground in our neighborhood, including the brand new playground with shade. So much I want to do with my kids but work is in the way and housekeeping is in the way.

I need to figure out a way to keep my house clean, kids fed, family activities planned, time with friends, and work in check. And have a wonderful relationship with my husband.

Cloning. How are they coming on cloning? Hmmm....

That was 20 minutes. Boo-yah!!!

No comments: