Saturday, June 26, 2010

I love my husband

My Man
I love this man.
I do. I just really, really do.

It's not father's day. It's not his birthday. Not our anniversary. Not an anniversary of anything (maybe it is but I am not the type to remember anniversaries).
I'm just sitting here, next to this amazing, wonderful man that I get to call my very own and I feel love for him. Have you ever looked at your partner and thought, "God, I love this man (or woman)!!" and then feel the love well up inside you?

We are not talking. We are just being together. He is on his laptop and I am on mine. There is nowhere I would rather be than right next to him. Yes, we've done separate vacations and we do our own thing from time to time, and sometimes I get so mad at him, I could scream (sometimes, I do) but ultimately, J is my very best friend and I can't imagine life without him.
Every now and then, I wonder what my life would have been like if I had chosen this path or that path. I haven't done it with J, but if I were to do a pros and cons list, I'm sure the pros side would be pages and pages while the cons side would be 1/8th of a page. Ultimately, even with the icky life stuff we've been through, I am glad that I am married to my best friend and that he loves me - or at least really likes me (most of the time).

No comments: