Thursday, November 12, 2009

Knowing Me, Knowing You - Nov '09

It's that time again... time for that monthly interview project started by The Fairy Blogmother - Knowing Me, Knowing You.

1. What's your strategy for gift giving this Christmas?
My what? Last year, I was a stay@home mom and made amigurami (crochet animals) for our nieces and nephews. This year, I'll pick up a few gift items when I'm in Tulsa and leave them there for the kids. We no longer do a gift item for an adult on J's side. Just the kids. I'm never in Canada for the holidays, so we don't exchange gifts with my family. We told our kids they get 3 presents each from us because Jesus got 3 presents. J and I have stopped exchanging gifts because if we need/want something, we buy it. It's about the kids.

2. How do you feel about the holiday newsletter?
We used to do holiday newsletters. And, we became known for our holiday cards that J designed and we had printed. But we moved. I guess I could do a holiday newsletter again, but people should really just read my blog.

3. What's your favourite board game?
Hmmm....Checkers. I used to play with my grandparents. It makes me happy to think of the many, many times I played with them. I used to like mancala but I figured out the strategy to win, and kept beating J. He refuses to play it with me anymore.

4. What's your favourite cold weather comfort dish?
My mother-in-law's roast. She makes brown gravy for me. I love her. I think she loves me too!

5. What is your favourite new show this season?
House. Last year at this time, I had not seen an episode. Now, I believe I've seen almost every show of every season.

3 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I love these little interviews. We're supposed to have a *strategy?* I think it's interesting that you and your husband don't exchange gifts, I think I'm going to suggest that for us this year. Maybe get a piece of furniture we both like instead.

And roast with gravy is food of the gods. mmmmmmm.

Julie said...

What's mancala? I'll have to wiki it. my husband and i exchange christmas stockings. we've been a one income household for so long that i think it will just continue once we are finally a two income household. though i think the first year we are there we might spoil ourselves a little.

love the 3 gift idea. we'll have to use that one as well.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Julie - We were given a fancy version. It was cherry wood with glass colored beads. You can win every time when you figure out the mathematical requirements to destroy your opponent.