Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Attitude Adjustment

I've been in a bit of a tizzy with all of this school stuff up in the air. Will Motor Mouth go to public, private or virtual school? I have all these scenarios of if this happens, then that but if that happens, then this, floating in my head.

I get so this or that in my head and then I am reminded of Matthew 6:34 where it says: "So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble."

Alright. I won't be anxious. Instead, I'm going to give THANKS!! We have been blessed with so much. I really should not dwell on the one thing that is working itself out.

A Thankful Heart
1. Mini Me was accepted into a great Montessori school.

2. We do not have to pay for Mini Me's Montessori preschool education. This is major because many of the Chicago Public School preschools have become tuition based this year.

3. J has a job. In this economy, that is to be thankful for. Moreover, J loves his job (most of the time) and works with a team of incredible staffers at our church.

4. This past year, the number of people in J's industry who have become aware of his work has increased dramatically and that is a good thing.

5. Chicago's Park District and Public Library systems are incredible assets to the city and have enhanced our lives, enabling us to experience the city and participate in activities that would have been difficult to get into, or extremely costly.

I know I say this all the time, but we really love Chicago. I LOVE this city. Thank you, God, for bringing us here.

No comments: