Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School Is Over - Kind Of

Miss A and Motor Mouth

Motor Mouth went to the very last in-class session for this school year. I am very grateful to Miss A, the incredible teacher who was able to connect with my son and get to know him at his very core. Miss A was able to restore my son's love for school. That, combined with being taught at his pace and therefore, not having to wait for other kids to 'get it', made this school year a success.

In Tulsa, there was a K4 teacher at our private school we absolutely thought the world of, and had heard such good things about. We could hardly wait for Motor Mouth to be in her class. Sadly, it was the worst year I hope Motor Mouth ever has in school.

Which is why finding the best school for Motor Mouth has been such a journey for me. I knew that if he didn't fall in love with school this year, we could potentially lose him for years to come - and he's a smart kid!

I still don't know for sure what will be happening with Motor Mouth's education in the fall. I am confident each of the 3 options will enable his love of learning to grow and he will be in an environment where he can excel at his own pace.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sure you and J will find a good solution for Motormouth. It's wonderful that we have so many education options here in the U.S.

It was a challenge to find a good fit for C, too, but things have worked very well for him over the years.