Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Can See! I Can See! Thank God Almighty, I can see!!

I have been putting off a visit to the eye doctor for far too long. No excuse when three of my friends are optometrists. Four if I include my cousin who lives in Texas. 

J has been telling me my eyes are getting worse because I'm always complaining I can't see stuff in our bedroom. Personally, I think that may have been a ploy to get him to hang the lights in there. Yes, the ones we've had for 9 months to hang in there (babies have been conceived and born since then).
Well, come to find out, I can't see stuff because my eyes got BETTER!! That means my old prescription was too strong, making things blurry!! Ha! I'm not getting old. Well, I am. But I don't need bifocals!!!! My sister just found out she does. I'm trying not to laugh at her but well, she lives 7 hours away, can't see me laughing, and I can't resist. 

AND...I can wear contacts all the time again. I have a blood vessel growing towards my pupil. My original eye doctor told me if I wore my contacts for more than 8 hrs/day, I could make it worse and it would never move backwards. Well, her scare tactic worked. I've been a good eye glass wearer. I just received the go ahead to wear contacts as much as I want!! 

"I feel pretty. Oh so pretty..."

WhoooooHoooooo!!
I'm doing the happy, happy, happy dance.

"I can see clearly now, the blur is gone. 
I can see all obstacles in my way..."

 Please be sure to visit your nearest Pearl Vision. 
They have great optometrists and their staff are great. 
If you live in Chi-Town or the burbs, 
ask for Dr. Mokaya, Dr. Slotemaker, or Dr. Strickler. 

No comments: