Thursday, April 9, 2009

1st Dance Shoes

Ballet Slippers
My baby girl is growing up! 
Mini Me is taking a tap & ballet class. 
I LOVE it! She's getting so big!! 

I purchased Mini Me's first pair of ballet shoes, tap shoes, and dance leotard. I never really gave it much thought, but I'm her mom and I'm buying her first little dance outfits. This is such a precious experience. I hope I remember it for years and years to come.  I hope we save these shoes.  I hope when she is a teenager and decides to hang up her dance shoes, I'll think back to this time and remember getting her fitted for these first shoes.

Of course, I had NO idea where to find any of this stuff. If we were in Tulsa, J would have done all of this. And I would have asked MicheyMe where to get it all. But I was proud of myself. I went up to the teacher after class and asked. I told her I was new to the city and had no clue where to find anything and would she please make suggestions. I expected her to name off some fru-fru dance shop. Nope. She said Payless Shoes, Target, Kmart, Wal-Mart. 

Oooo, maybe I'll put her hair in a ponytail, like a real dancer!!
Tap Shoes

3 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

How exciting! It's so fun to see them start things like this. I hope you take some videos.

She is growing up so fast!

Jen said...

The joys of having little ones! I hope she loves it all. ;-)

Mommy Project said...

I love your pics of the shoes: so cute. Maddie and Jamie have both been in ballet, but it is proving to be not enough "action" for Maddie (i think we'll put her in soccer soon). This makes me kinda' sad because she looks so darn cute in her ballet gear. Jamie may stay with it...we'll see...but they both want to start back up with horse back riding soon.