Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mini Me School Update!!!

I applied to 11 preschools for Mini Me.  Everyone I know of received their kids' school acceptance letters almost 2 weeks ago. My kids? Nada. It's a random lottery so I've been trying to convince myself it is not personal. 

Homeschooling has not been going well. It's my fault. In fact, my pupil said, "You're not my teacher anymore. You're FIRED!"

By the end of last week, all I wanted to do was go into a corner and cry. However, I have been far too busy to take that much time to indulge my PMS. 

On Saturday, I made my daily trek to the mailbox. I saw a letter from a school and knew they had started sending the decline letters. Good thing I read it, because Mini Me got accepted at a Montessori preschool that, statistically, is harder to get into than Harvard!!!  

Mini Me is going to sch-ooooool!!! 
Mini Me is go-ing t-o-o-o schooo-oooool. 
Yippee, yippee, yippeee, yippee, yippee. 
Yippeeeee-kai-yea!!! 
Whoooooo-hoooooooo!!!!! 
Yeeeeeeee----hhhaaaaaaaaaaa!
Yessssssss!

I'm a little excited. 
And she will wear a little uniform!! 
My baby girl is growing up!

5 comments:

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

Congrats! Which one? Kavi is still on the wait list for the Montessori Academy downtown... If MiniMe got into that one, you need to exert some pull for us, okay? :-) (Not even kidding, really, 'cause this admissions stuff is insane.)

Felicity said...

I love little uniforms! It makes mornings MUCH more manageable.

CrystalStrickler said...

That is sooo exciting! This whole preschool thing seems like such a daunting task! I don't even know where to begin and G is only 1! I'm so happy for MiniMe....she is going to be all grown up now going to school! Congrats again!

Mommy Project said...

Hey! Congratulations to Mini-Me and MOM!!!
:)

Shan said...

Yay Mini Me!!! That's great news! Nice work Mom!!