Sunday, February 22, 2009

Need a Job?

Look at who is hiring in these tough economic times
That's right!!
I 'shopped' at Goodwill for the first time, ever. J was getting some lamps for the stage at church. We were waiting in the car when the kids said they had to go potty. On the way back out, the kids stopped in the books section. I purchased about 14 kids books for only $7!! 

Mini Me loves books, but she also loves tearing the pages. I was able to pick up about 7 hardcover, hardpage books for her to 'read' and ruin - and I don't care if she tears them apart. 

4 comments:

Holly Jolly said...

Very nice! :) Where is that Goodwill? That looks like an especially nice one. I have gone to ones on the southside that I almost walked out immediately b/c it smelled so bad.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Crystal, we were out in the suburbs. I don't know which one. We went to 2 different suburbs. If you use your iPhone to Search for 'Goodwill' you should be able to find 2 that are west of us. This one was on North and we took 290 to 355??? There was another one off 290 that was closer. I didn't go into the closer one.

I did not notice a smell in this one. The books don't smell either - or I would have ran out of there. The restrooms were very clean. This one is close to a 2 drive thru Starbucks!!!

CrystalStrickler said...

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up :) I will definitely have to check it out...as I love great finds ;)

Threeundertwo said...

I consider our local Goodwill to be my personal bookstore. I've bought tons of kids books there, and I find lots of books for myself too - even current bestsellers and cookbooks I've been looking for that are out of my budget.

You'll get hooked. Regular bookstores are soooo expensive.