Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Shoplifted!!

Yes. It is true. 
I was once a sticky-fingered momma.
Well, the lipstick didn't actually stick 
to my fingers.
See, Mini Me was a baby. I was shopping for groceries and whatever else (apparently lipstick) at Wal-Mart. Mini Me was in a baby carrier, in the shopping cart. I put everything on the conveyer belt and paid for my items. When I got Mini Me out of the basket, I saw the lipstick under her seat. I put the groceries in the cargo area then drove away.

On the way home, I got to thinking about the lipstick. I checked the receipt and sure enough, not on there. I would like to say I immediately turned around and returned to Wal-Mart to pay for the lipstick. But I didn't. I had a new baby, you know. 
A few weeks later, I was back AND remembered about the lipstick. I picked up the same brand and color. When I checked out, I asked the cashier to charge me for the lipstick and to keep it to return to stock. And thus, my life of crime ended.

Have you done anything criminal?

4 comments:

Serenity said...

I returned a lipstick to Wal-Mart - that I used once - just because I didn't like the color, which I now think was taking a very rude advantage of their return policy. The guy at customer service hit on me by saying, "Smells like that perfume's workin' for ya though." So I think I was justly punished.

Also, I killed Felic's goldfish once by pouring all the food in at once, and instead of fessing up I suggested that I had seen little Charity in that room earlier and that perhaps she had done it. I eventually confessed it all though.

Jen said...

No, but C did. When he was about 3 - 4 mos., he had on one of those winter fleece suits that was like footie pajamas with a zipper. While we were in the store, I unzipped the suit so he wouldn't get overheated. I paid for my groceries, and as we were leaving the store, I zipped him up. He'd grown a tumor. A lemon-tumor. I don't know how he filched it, but he did. I returned it and the clerk got a good laugh. They said they'd watch out for him as he grew up.

Molly said...

I've done the EXACT same thing, and by exact I mean lipstick thievery. And I did the exact same thing to rectify the situation. Wow, great minds, I guess.

Threeundertwo said...

If I have, I've blocked it. I wonder how many people are as honest as you?