Monday, January 26, 2009

Why Twitter?

First, let me tell you what Twitter is.

Twitter is a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time. It is a social networking tool that enables you to provide up-to-the-second status on what you are doing. 

I love Twitter. I have my Twitter linked to
 automatically update my blog page and my Facebook Status. One-stop shopping, if you will. 
Twitter is great because you can get messages out to a vast number of people with one tool. For example, @ParkChurch posted a preview of this week's sermon open video ONLY to those people following on Twitter. Want special info? Join us on Twitter. Is it clickish? No. Not at our church where the majority are 20-35 and use Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking tools in their daily lives. It keeps our church hip and relevant and with its ear to the ground.

A few weeks ago, I joined in on a Twitter Wine Night. It was so much fun!!! Women from all over the country, popping open a bottle of wine and chatting about everything and nothing and wine. I made some great connections. There were other women who are small business owners like me, homeschooling moms like me, and others living in Illinois like me.
Why do I Twitter? Well, Ragamuffin Soul got me into it with his twittering all the time!! I thought he was texting it in each time, but it's through an iPhone app. Free!! Once I figured that out, I started Twittering frequently. It's fun and builds a sense of community. I like people. I like to know what they are doing. And you know, it gives me something to do while I'm in line, or in the bathroom. And it is fun to have people comment back.

I think Twittering and Facebook Status updates make you use your creative juices. I like to give people something funny, peculiar, odd, or off the beaten path. Keep it light and fun is what I like to do. 



Check out my post:  Why Facebook?

4 comments:

FaithChick said...

Reading your blog, Duh!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

LOL, FaithChick! "What are you doing?" is what Twitter says when you enter your status.

Jen said...

Okay, I think I'm going to try this out, because I so need another way to talk to people, lol! I'm already behind on reading, but this sounds like too much fun.

I'll be sending you a "friend" question on Facebook, if that's okay.

Threeundertwo said...

That wine tasting night was so much fun! I've met a lot of interesting people who have started following me on twitter. I have no idea how they found me, but there are always interesting conversations going on.