Sunday, January 18, 2009

What's He Telling Ya??

It's Sunday. Let's go spiritual...
Motor Mouth wonders how I 'know' what he is doing when I can't see him. For example: "Lay down and stop playing with your train." - his door has frosted glass I can make out shadows through. Or, "Stop choking Mini Me!" - she is making gagging sounds and he is laughing. Or, I ask Mini Me, "Did you break xyz toy?" and when she breaks into tears, I tell her 'I KNOW you broke it. That was naughty." Not real rocket science stuff.
As any good mother, who is loathe to reveal her secrets, would do, I told him the Holy Spirit talks to me. The Holy Spirit tells me when they are being naughty and when they are lying. 

Now, Motor Mouth asks me what the Holy Spirit has told me before I even read their body language or hear the telltale signs. I could really use some divine intervention at those times.

3 comments:

jasonwidney said...

Did you not hate it when your mother told you that. Isn't it actually lying?

Threeundertwo said...

My kids think I can see through walls.

It is the Holy Spirit that gives you that mother's intuition to pay attention to things even when they aren't in front of you.

FaithChick said...

This is so funny! I remember thinking my mother had super powers. I am just glad Reni is so vocal. I can always here her in the other room trying to get triston to do it first. Then she can't understand how I knew. She doesnt think that I can hear her. Kids are so funny.