Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quilting is my new thing

I'm branching out into quilting.

LitandLaundry makes the best quilts and has reminded me of my deep desire to quilt. Quilting is something I've wanted to do for YEARS!! I think I really started wanting to do it when I received my very first quilt. When J and I were married, his 2nd cousin gave us a quilt. We use it ALL THE TIME. It has lived in our living room since we received it. It is my most prized possession, next to my Longaberger baskets and pottery, and Henn Workshops dishes from my MIL. 

I had signed up to take a quilting class in Tulsa. But then I couldn't make the classes due to our schedule. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a book on how to quilt. I'm looking around town for a reasonably priced beginner quilt class. 

AND, I signed up on Quiltgroup.com. It is a brand new site that I got in on in the beta stage. Nice to get in on the ground level. Not only did I sign up, but I started a group - Chicago Quilters!! If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this. 

2 comments:

Mommy Project said...

OH...I LOVE quilts! I even thought about trying to make one myself one time but it was far too intimidating for me. I'm sure you will make some beautiful ones...your artsy-mommy talents have been bubbling up all over the place and I'm amazed at what you can do!

Shan said...

Yeah! What Normie said! Can't wait to see your first finished quilt!