Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Chicago Peeps

My dear friend at The Mommy Project (say a prayer for her, she's having a baby tomorrow) read where regularly noting things for which you are grateful actually increases your level of happiness by 25%. 

This week, I have much to be thankful for...

Cre8tve Chaos & his Peeps that rescued me
Monday evening, as I was getting ready to do client errands, the car wouldn't start. J came down and showed me how to jiggle the battery connectors. I said we could get the kids ready, pick up the part, and if there was another problem, J would be there to rescue me, instead of being 6 miles across town. J said I would be fine. I left. The vehicle wouldn't start when I was alone. I needed help, so I called Cre8ve Chaos. Then I managed to lock our only set of keys inside. While waiting to be overcharged for locksmithing, I sat in a warm car with Cre8ve Chaos and his Peeps.

Jackson Crum
Our pastor is so awesome. He didn't talk about the election (pre or post) from the pulpit. No one knew who he was voting for. Even though he didn't vote for Obama, he opened his church to the neighborhood for the Inauguration. As a result, I was able to witness history with my husband and son.

Westloop SnB
A group of knitters I met through Ravelry.com. Last night was my very first night. We share a love for yarn and live within a mile of each other. Let's see, there's ProgrammerB, InvestorB, and OprahB.  OprahB lives across from Harpo Studio, in the building Oprah redid the balconies.

My Mechanic
My husband can fix a car. People don't know this about J. They see the artsy, creative stuff, and know he doesn't watch football - or any sports. They know J decorates, but they don't know he can fix a car better than most jocks.

I wouldn't plan on The Mommy Project having a Thankful Thursday post. Like I said, she's having a baby tomorrow. Only she doesn't feel really ready. This is her last baby, so she wants to keep this one safe and warm a little longer. I'm really thankful The Mommy Project was able to carry this baby to term and both are healthy. It was touch and go there for awhile. I'm thankful in advance for the safe delivery of Baby K and a perfect healing for The Mommy Project.

2 comments:

Mommy Project said...

(sorry...too many typos in my first comment...I have a cold my brain no work so good right now...)

Thank-you. :)
I don't think I'll be posting today, you are right. I'm feeling a bit too exhausted and nervous and anxious and...oh...a whole whack of other emotions. But, I am very thankful for you and all your support and well wishes over these last 38 weeks.
Love you!
-n.

Shan said...

Great list and I am so very excited for Baby K's arrival in the world tomorrow. Glad they are finally at delivery day safe and sound!