Saturday, December 27, 2008

No Parents? The Kids Are Gonna Play!!

J's Grandparents spent Christmas in Florida this year. 
Normally, they are in Tulsa with us!

There were little things that hinted to his grandparents being out-of-town for the holiday. 
Like...The bottles of alcohol on the porch
- right by the door the family enters through
(I never asked why they are on the porch)
And the bottles of RUM sitting out on the counter
Out of respect for J's grandparents, his parents keep the devil's ale tucked away in the pantry or cupboards. This goes to show that no matter how old you are, how many kids you have, or how many grandkids you have, when your parents go out of town, the kids are gonna play!!

(This post published with permission from my MIL.)

5 comments:

jasonwidney said...

It was on the porch chilling the fridge was full.

Jen said...

This is so funny... I just came from another favorite blog that talked about the issues of being around parents as adults, and the odd behaviors that can incur.

FaithChick said...

A whole week here and you blog about the liquer. That is to funny.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

FaithChick, technically, 3 days. We spent the other 2 days driving. To be honest, it was the first thing we saw after pulling up. Keep watching. I have my posts done and scheduled until, well, next year. Oh, and I forgot to get pictures of our MIL's bows!! I wanted to blog on that but didn't get even 1 single bow picture! Maybe you can help me out with that...?

FaithChick said...

I will I was shocked when I drove up to and the saw the alchol sitting on the porch too. I has just been a given at the holidays. I remember thinking "They need to put that up...oh wait grandma and grandpa aren't coming. Yeah more for me!"