Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Kickoff

I've been meaning to do a 'Thankful Thursday' edition since my dear, OLD, OLD, OLD (and preggo, might I add) friend, at The Mommy Project started doing these about a month ago. Each week, I've thought about what I am thankful for, but have kept it to myself, sadly. I keep nothing to myself so what gives, eh?

Anyway, it's the American Thanksgiving - not to be confused with the Canadian Thanksgiving - and I thought it appropriately cheesy to start my 
Thankful Thursday on Thanksgiving.

Time Zones
I live in the Central Time Zone, making me a full hour YOUNGER than my Canadian friends and family, the majority of whom live in the Eastern Time Zone.

Being Canadian
Canada has all the benefits of America, except the whole world loves us.

My Husband 
I know, I know, I know. But he makes my dreams come true. Even the tiny, little ones no one really knows about. Like the calla lilly picture he gave me - calla lilly is my fav flower. And the matching watches he gave us for our wedding present, or the pearl necklace he also gave for my wedding present. These were things I had wanted for years, but never dared tell a soul. There were other things. But fast forward to the loft in downtown Chicago. I love where we live. Dream come true. And I not only went to the Oprah Show, I was strongly considered to be a guest on the show. All of this not possible without my husband. I really must be nicer to him. I think he deserves that at least.

MAM 
My writing instructor and now, friend. And employer. MAM has been the biggest, most positive influence on my life since moving to Chicago. While she doesn't realize it, she is the person, outside of J that I am closest to these days. MAM has been so encouraging and free with her time and resources to get me going/started on projects. When she hired me to be her personal assistant, it restored my faith in myself as marketable and of value. We are even having dinner at her home this Thanksgiving Day.

My Small Group 
My Small Peeps as I call them. Normally, we meet on a Thursday evening - but not tonight as it it Turkey Day. They are a great group of people that I look forward to getting to know. They do stuff outside of group and pull me in to that. I find myself getting really insular these days, so to have my Small Peeps pulling on me is nice.
Orange Juice
I LOVE orange juice. My kids don't care for it, so I seldom have it in the house, unless we have overnight guests. My entire career as a computer consultant, I drank a bottle of orange juice every day. 7 years. I love the stuff. Really, I think I don't buy it because I know if I did, I would drink it all and it is so high in sugar, that wouldn't be a good idea.

Widney Woman - You forgot to say you are thankful for your kids. I didn't forget. On a deep level, I'm always thankful for them, but not at this moment. They are pissing me off right now.

What are you thankful for?
Go HERE to add your name after blogging.
-->Not a blogger? Please comment!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm thankful for just about everything in my life, but one thing I'll add is the amazing blogging community I love to visit!

Shan said...

I'm thankful I met you!

Anonymous said...

Thankful for my friends. Without my friends that have stood with me during good times and bad, I don't know if I would have made it. Thankful that those who showed me who God was in their life so I was able to know who God is to me. Most of all Very thankful for my husband, that he choice to love me and keep our family together as one unit.
anon#2

Mary Anne Mohanraj said...

Aw, shucks. :-) I am thankful that we can manage a working relationship and also a friendship at the same time! I was a bit worried, but it seems to be going remarkably smoothly -- yay!