Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday - Blueberry Yogurt Muffins


BLUEBERRY YOGURT MUFFINS

Today is my turn to bring treats to my Park Mom's Group. So, I opened "Cooking Light's Five Star Recipes: The Best of 10 Years" cookbook that Grandma Grandma (J's grandmother) gave me. This is my favorite cookbook because Grandma used it and it has dog-eared pages. I found this muffin recipe she made. 
I love you Grandma!!


WHATCHA NEED
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 oz) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Vegetable cooking spray
1 tablespoon sugar

WHATCHA DO
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl
Make a well in center of mixture
Combine egg and next 4 ingredients
Add to dry ingredients
Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened
Gently fold in blueberries

Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over batter
Bake for 18 minutes or until golden
Remove from pans immediately
Cool on a wire rack.

WHATCHA DO DIFFERENT
I had 2-8 oz yogurt cups so I just put it all in
I didn't spray the muffin cups enough
Shoulda drained the blueberry juice (muffins were blue)

WHATCHA THINK
Yummy!!!!
Just like everything Grandma makes!!

WHAT IS "WHAT'S COOKING WEDNESDAY"
What's Cooking Wednesday was born out of The Fairy Blogmother's desire to get out of the 'what's for dinner?' rut. Playing is easy, on Wednesday post a recipe that has been tried and tested by you and then pop over to link back here, the Home of What's Cooking Wednesday.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This looks like a fabulous recipe! I learned a trick this summer - DON'T thaw the blueberries, but bake with them frozen and then they bake in without turning your recipe blue. Cool, huh?