Monday, September 15, 2008

Lighting Design

My husband is a lighting designer. He is pretty good at it. When we were first married,  J made it so that I could read at night, without interrupting him. J made a fabric and wood headboard for us with individually controlled dimmer lighting on his and her sides.  He had a pin spotlight shining directly on our pillows. Pretty awesome, right?

Last week, I asked him if he could do something with the lighting in our bedroom so I could read at night without waking him up. J told me to buy a book light. 

I did. 
It sucks

8 comments:

jasonwidney said...

don't be a hater!

Widney Woman said...

I don't see why you are so offended. I complimented you and said how good you are at your job and how great a job you did building that cool thing over our bed. I'm just saying I don't like the light. Not you. The light. Maybe as soon as you get your knickers out of a knot, you can fix my lighting situation.

Lori said...

That is what happens after you've been married awhile. The way I get Harold to do things is to say, "Wow, I don't think there's any possible way you could(rearrange the living room, move the fridge to the other side of the kitchen, etc)." And then I say, "I'll just call so-and-so and see if they can do it."
He takes this as a challenge to his manhood, strength, whatever and jumps to get it done! It's call reverse psychology, but don't tell J.

Norma-ann at The Mommy Project said...

Ah, well...
so the honeymoon is over, huh, guys? Really, J...you are a pro and you let your poor wife go around with a light like that? Shameful. tsk. tsk.
;-)

I like Lori's plan. Sneaky. Sneaky.
:)

jasonwidney said...

Really I am ok if you ask the neighbor you have a crush on to help you with lighting around the house.

Widney Woman said...

OMG!! OMG. OMG. OMG!!!!!

Widney Woman said...

I asked today, and she doesn't have any ideas.

Shaina said...

Oh my, I thought the post was funny, it actually made me laugh out loud and then I read the comments and I lost it.


I know, my comments are belated. I'm catching up.