Saturday, July 5, 2008

Joy Box in Action

I may have lost my camera today. I am really hoping it is under the seats in my sister-in-law's car, or in the cargo area of our Jeep. It is dark out. I can't look tonight. I have to put this in my Joy Box (see my other posting under Faith for an explanation) and 'give it to God' to take care of. Otherwise, I won't sleep.

Where did I see it last? I know it was in the rental car when we were driving around, being Chicago tour guides.  I thought I took it out when we parked on Michigan Ave. I realized it was gone in Nordstrom's shopping mall, when I wanted to be stupid and do self-portraits with a friend who is in Chicago visiting this weekend.

All afternoon and evening, I didn't have a camera to take pictures with. When we finally went back to the cars, I couldn't find it at initial glance. I'll have to do a deep search Sunday morning, when I wake up. 

O.K., Widney Woman, breathe. Deep breaths. Breathe. Release the fear. Shooooooooo.

I'm trying to play this off lighthearted, but I just want to cry. I love my camera. It has brought me so much joy. It was a gift from J last year, for Mother's Day. I really hope I find it. It may not be a big ass professional camera like what J uses, but it what I use to record my children's lives. I didn't realize just how much I love that thing until I am faced with not having it. I think I will go cry.

1 comment:

Mommy Project said...

Oh no! I hope you found it! Don't cry!!
:(