Saturday, May 3, 2008

What A Year!

2008 did not start the way we had imagined.

In January, I came to the hard wrestled with decision to take a 1-2 year hiatus from volunteer work, as of April 30th. I've been a community and church volunteer since I was 10 years old. This will be the longest break in over 25 years. While I love giving of myself and my time, I really feel like I need to devote more time to me and my family for a short season.

Also in January, Jason was laid off from his job of 8 years, where he and his family had attended church for well over 20 years. It is the church where we were married, and our children were dedicated and welcomed. Based upon the garishly obvious decline in church attendance in the past few years, we knew last year that the church was not doing at all well financially. While we knew cutbacks were coming, it was disappointing the way all the layoffs were handled.

In February, we began to prep our home for sale. When we purchased our home in 2001, we thought of it as a 3-5 year home. But we stayed much longer than planned. Already, I feel like I am painting someone else's house and cleaning another person's floors.

And now, in March, we are poised to move out-of-state. Where? Right now, Jason is being courted with great opportunities in Atlanta, Chicago, and Pensacola. Each opportunity has its benefits and its drawbacks.

This is a crazy, busy time in our lives. But it is an exciting time as well. Sit back, strap on your seatbelts, 'cause we are on a wild ride!!

March 18, 2008

No comments: