Monday, May 5, 2008

Something went very wrong at lunch...


I don't know what happened, exactly. I just know lunch did not turn out quite the way I had envisioned it would. Something went wrong. Very wrong.

I set about baking chicken strips. I seasoned them and put them in the oven. Only, it took MUCH longer than the bag said. I turned them over and took a taste. Needed more seasoning. I added some Italian seasonings. A few minutes later, they still weren't cooked. Finally, after an hour, they were cooked. And the seasonings did not work out as intended. I figured ketchup would cover any taste issues.

Only we don't have any ketchup!! Or bbq sauce!! I didn't realize this, until I put the chicken on the kids' plates. So, I substituted...pasta sauce. It worked! Jazz loved it. He asked for more. Only he loved it on his bbq chips, and not the chicken...which both kids only took 2 bites of each. oh well.

Monday May 5, 2008 - 01:25pm

No comments: