Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's Not Perfect Here - April 23, 2008

View laying down on Mini Me's bed.

I know you all think our lives are perfect now becuase J has a great job and we have this amazing loft condo in a great neighborhood. Well, it's not all lofty neighbors and cushy jobs.

Comcast is our provider of cable and phone service now. Yeah, we are getting a home phone for the first time in 4 years. It's only $25/mth and that includes free long distance in the U.S. and Canada. I need this because I keep going over my AT&T minutes and getting charged out the whazoo for calls to my family in Canada. Besides, the children should learn that there is this thing called a home phone that does not travel with you.

Comcast came Monday to install. Bernardo was here for 3 hours. I got to know him very well. B got the cable working. There was a problem with the phone, so he came back for another 2 hours, during which he fixed a problem with my laptop accessing the internet. Phone still didn't work. And the DVR is recording, but we can't view what it recorded. Missed NCIS, American Idol, and part of Law & Order: SVU.

Yesterday, I was told our dryer would be here between 12:30 - 4:30 pm. At 4:40, I got a call saying they would be late and would that be okay? Ummm...you ARE late and what am I supposed to say at this point? I said, "No problem."

The dryer guys got here and said they would not install the dryer because there was not a shut off valve for the gas. They didn't want to install the washer that has been occupying space in our entry. We managed to get them to install the washer. I called the building manager who said they would send someone out sometime this week.

This morning, I stumbled out of bed. Sore and wondering why my children refuse to sleep in past 7 am. I KNEW I should get showered and dressed, but I was so tired, I just pulled on my clothes from yesterday and started on some boxes. At 8 am, when a tattooed, wiry, young man with wild side burns knocked on my door, I KNEW I should have showered and had a bra on earlier. In he came to work on the shut off valve. I was very happy when he went to get parts. That was my opportunity to get my parts in order.

Buddy came back and we installed the dryer - only the vent is 1 foot too low!!! J says I can use the dryer for the couple of days until they come and bust a hole in the wall higher up so we can properly vent the dryer. I have not washed clothes in 7 days now!! That would be why I had pulled on my clothes from yesterday.

Comcast is scheduled to fix our home phone and DVR Thursday morning. I'm going to go to bed soon, so I can be up and showered by 7 am...

Wednesday April 23, 2008 - 10:57pm

No comments: