Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chalkboard Paint in Kitchen


I love this frame! We painted one wall in our kitchen with chalkboard paint. To add a bit of oomph, we repurposed this frame. 

About 12 years ago, we were driving through Catoosa, Oklahoma when I spotted an old bronze-ish, gold-ish frame with a '70's landscape scene inside. I yelled for J to "Stop the car!" I don't think I paid even $10 for it. 

J spray painted the frame gold. We had a mirror installed in it. The new framed mirror adorned the wall in our guest bedroom at Widney House in Tulsa for years. 


Then we moved to Widney Loft in Chicago. The mirror came apart from the frame in the move. It is actually a hollow plastic frame that just barely handled the mirror in the first place. J spray painted the frame gray and hung the empty frame on an orange wall next to white accessories. 

Then we moved to Widney Crib (in Chicago still). Once we painted the chalkboard wall we knew just the thing it needed - the frame! J spray painted the frame blue. And now here it sits on our kitchen wall. 

One frame that has been reinvented three times. Gotta love spray paint and garage sales!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I want this at my daycare :)

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Hmm perhaps I should have read further before I left my comment on your other page, asking if your wall was a chalkboard! lol

What a great idea. I love it!