Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Widney Wednesday - Pumpkins!

It's been a looooooooong time since I've done a Widney Wednesday. While this does not meet up with my usual all out event night, it was a fun time.

J made a Jack-o-Lantern

While I gutted the pumpkins and roasted pumpkin seeds
Carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds is a very 'Canadian' thing to do. The word 'Canadian' here actually means 'white'. As in, white people do this kind of thing.

It was my first time gutting a pumpkin and roasting seeds.
I researched pumpkin seed recipes on the Internet.
You know what I learned?

Pretty much, do whatever the Hell you want with them:
Dry over night, don't dry them over night. 
Use olive oil, or butter, or vegetable oil, or canola oil. 
Add table salt, rock salt, sea salt.
Add the salt before you dry them, while you dry them, 
before you roast them, or while you roast them.
Fry 'em up in a pan or roast them in an oven.
Bake 'em for 45 min, 60 min, or more.

My husband and kids LOVED them!!
That's all that mattered to me.

No comments: