Monday, October 18, 2010

2 Years, 6 Months

We officially moved from Tulsa to Chicago 2 years and 6 months ago today. J and I were talking. We are still in a bit of shock and disbelief over living in Chicago. "We get to live in Chicago! How crazy is that?!"
Neighborhood Park

Layovers
Whenever we would have a layover in Chicago on our way to Canada, J wished we had enough time to drive past Harpo Studios and see Michigan Ave. Having worked at Sears Canada headquarters as a computer consultant, I had a natural interest in seeing the Sears Tower in person. Never panned out though.

Now we LIVE here! And were front row center at an Oprah Show, sitting on reserved seats that had our names on them!! Michigan Ave has become our kids' playground and I'm looking at the Sears Tower from our downtown Chicago loft as I type this.

Museums
J said, "Who knew when my parents took us to the Planetarium and the Field Museum that I would now be a member at both of those places?!"

Chicken in the Car
When I was a kid, my dad used to say, "Chicken in the car, the car can't go, that's how you spell 'Chi-ca-go'".  He had another one for France and another city.  Cute little ways on how to remember to spell certain cities. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever live in Chi-ca-go!!

Two and half years into our love affair with Chicago, all 4 of us are more in love with Chicago today than we were back then.

1 comment:

What's a Ragamuffin? said...

My sentiments exactly. This city grabs hold of your heart and just doesn't let go.